John Crangle is an Experienced, Aggressive, and Proven Criminal Defense Attorney
John Crangle represents clients charged with criminal offenses: from traffic-tickets to murder. He has tried 10+ jury-trials in General Sessions State Court as the lead attorney and many more bench trials.
After a client was injured in a motorcycle wreck, Crangle Law Firm LLC recovered a personal injury settlement of $100,000 in under four months.
John was born in Columbia, SC and grew up in Columbia. He attended Clemson University and Emory Law School. After graduating from Emory Law, with honors, he worked at the Greenville Public Defender’s Office. As an Assistant Public Defender, John represented clients facing charges of murder, drug trafficking, criminal sexual conduct, DUI, domestic violence, fraud, and many other charges.
John entered private practice in 2016 and worked as an associate with a local law-office until 2019, when John founded Crangle Law Firm LLC.
In his free time, John spends time with his wife and two young boys, watching Clemson Football, playing soccer, and bowling. He lives in Greenville with his family.
- South Carolina Bar, 2012
- North Carolina Bar, 2013
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2019
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2019
- Haynsworth-Perry Inn of Court Member, 2016 – current
- South Carolina Bar House of Delegates Member, 2014-2018
- Greenville County Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Member, 2013 – current
- South Carolina Associate of Criminal Defense Attorneys Member, 2013 – current
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2012
- Clemson University, B.A. History cum laude, 2009
- South Carolina Court Administration Magistrate Intensive Training Seminar, 2018
- Instructor on Hearsay and Confrontation Clause Issues
- National Mock Trial Tournament Commenting Judge, 2013 & 2016
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy Graduate, 2013
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) – Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, 2016
- DataMaster Training Class (Certified by Former Instructor at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy)